wonderland

Music "This is a singer-songwriter cd. This is a terribly personal cd. I was cryptic enough that i did not betray what i feel is personal, but i was able to exorcise the feelings i needed to. It has been a crazy ass life, and a crazy ass couple of years. What i can say about it, i said in the songs. I tried to make this an intensely personal record; one that is almost embarrassing to listen to. I pulled no punches. I tried not to repeat myself on any song." -- Jewel Kilcher blogs about her new album at her official website. Careful though, block capitals ahead.

Kilcher goes on to say quite baldly that she doesn't think that much of it'll be playlisted because the tracks are too long for radio. The album is forthcoming in May. Judging by the video, Goodbye Alice in Wonderland is a return to the lilting folksiness of Pieces of You through This Way with a slight drift into Sheryl Crow territory, which means that 0304 really was a concept album rather than a new direction which I know some people will be pleased about. I really enjoyed it though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea we fixed Jewels ALL CAPS blog and reposed it in this forum thread: http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=117030&threadid=692622

About half way down.

Mr.CC
www.JewelForum.com