attacked

Games "According to the cute little story that unfolds during attract mode, a kung-fu master named Thomas and his girlfriend, Silvia, were suddenly attacked by "several unknown guys." While Thomas bravely fought off Knife-Throwing Guy, Silvia was kidnapped! Later, Thomas found a note from "X": "Your love Silvia is in custody now. If you want to save your dear Silvia's life, come to the Devil's Temple at once. 5 Sons of the Devil will entertain you." -- Wil Wheaton on Kung Fu Master.

I'm not terribly good at computer games which is why I have an ok machine and I'm writing this instead of playing Grand Theft Auto and my Playstation generally sits gathering dust. But I've actually completed Kung Fu Master. I was fifteen and I went on holiday to a caravan site with my parents. As well as a club and a small swimming pool, the only other entertainment was a small wooden shed which contained two arcade machines. A broken Defender machine and yes, Kung Fu Master. As the only thing to do in the evenings I'd be there for hours filling up the machine with ten pences (3 credits each!) and working away. Eventually I began to learn the patterns. Eventually I began to beat the machine. This never used to happen...

No comments: