This is heaven to me.



Music When I was commuting last time, oh so long ago, there were certain albums or songs which helped me through the monotony (for a time it was Natalie Imbruglia's White Lillies Island or Shelby Lynne's Love Shelby). It's been a difficult couple of days getting back into the routine this time, but thankfully I've had Madeleine Peyroux's Careless Love with me. Her voice has been washing through my ears like some cleansing spirit, bucking me up when I've been feeling down.

The songs on the album under this production have an emphatic quality; shut your eyes and you're transported to some warm, cosy place were your being cuddled by someone who's whispering that it'll be all ok. The final track, This Is Heaven To Me sounds exactly like Christmas with its chimes. When I was at school during the festive season I'd walk home past a street of houses and there would be a pine tree in every bay window and fake snow stencils in the windows. This is the song I now imagine playing the background.

No comments: