Review 2005

Samantha Burns

Although I've had a number of little successes this year, few are worthy enough of discussing here. I mean, I'm sure you all have little interest in hearing my success in going through my shoe collection and throwing out the ones I know I just won't wear anymore.

Yup, now I'm down to just one box. Yay!

Aside from that, I have had three successes I'll mention here. First, I am proud to say that after over 10 years of loving their music, I finally got to see Slash, Duff, and Matt in concert as members of Velvet Revolver. I've been a Guns N' Roses fan since they came out with Sweet Child O' Mine. Of course, I'm too old to be a freak fan of VR - being 30, I'd look pretty silly with my walls loaded with magazine clippings of the band and wearing a black VR t-shirt daily with ripped up jeans. Regardless, it was a superb experience being able to see my favourite guys in concert.

Another achievement I'm proud of is that I quit eating McDonalds. I haven't eaten the stuff since early in the year when I saw a news story showing an image of a dead rodent in a burger and that deterred me from going there again, regardless of whether it was a scam or not.

Finally, I found something that I take great joy in doing: blogging. My site is where I get to have fun, express myself as I wish, and give to society in the form of entertainment. It's just so much fun for me.

A couple other things I've succeeded at is getting my cartooning to a level that I feel is worthy of publishing, and I also started painting.

So, I guess, really, that I've described more than a moment of success, but I think that's a good thing. Overall, I've had a successful year, so I suppose next year can only go downhill.

Great, thanks for bumming me out Feeling Listless.

Kidding, of course. Next year, even greater challenges await and I can't wait to get my hands into it.

Samantha Burns writes The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns

For an introduction and list of contributors to Review 2005, follow this link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that like The Crazy World of Arthur Brown ?

Anonymous said...

Is that like The Crazy World of Arthur Brown ?