More Tales

Commuter Tales is a heading a certainly didn't think I'd ever use again in the context of Liverpool to Manchester, but here I am. In the past it was fairly interchangable with ...

Commuter Life ... which I much prefer. Last time I used either was at the end of June 2002 when my work at the Royal Bank of Scotland's credit card centre ended. I don't think I've ever mentioned where exactly I was working before, because of The Rules, but I think it might be OK now.

Then I was on a strict clock of needing to be in work at a particular time and so tired at the end of the day all I wanted to do was get home. I'm travelling again, and the times haven't changed and the delays will inevitably happen but I feel much more relaxed about the whole thing. Until lectures begin I won't know how many hours I'll be having to study or how late I'll be working or how many days I'll need to be in university, but I think because the choices will largely be mine and my working patterns will be flexible it doesn't feel like as much of an obstacle. I'm enjoying the journey ...

... that said ... this is only day two ...

... but I did get exciting vouchers as I passed through the station this morning which mean The Guardian will only be twenty pence a day, which is either a fabulous way to gather new readers or a foolhardy way to bankrupt yourself. I wonder how many other people managed to get seven weeks worth. I'll not have pay full price until November ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What ? No cricket ? Today of all days ? Sort it Stu !