Under The Weather

Blogs Avril Lavigne's new dotcom has a section for fans to set up blogs. Much of anything there is as you'd expect. Lots of teenagers saying 'I'm not sure what to write' and *lol* and 'luv u Av' as much as possible. Then I stumbled on this:
"But man, there are too many blogging things on the Internet!!! Way back in the day I had DiaryLand, then I moved to LiveJournal, then to BlogSpot. A bunch of my friends from here have BlueKaffee so I have that. MSN is taking over the world so I have an MSN Space. And lots of Hanson/Avril people have MySpace, so I signed up for that. And now I have an Avril blog!!! That is WAY TOO MANY. Time to downsize. Goodbye MSN and MySpace. I like this one. And my blogspot is amazing so that is staying. aha. Anyway, there is my rant."
It occured to me the other night as I was casting about for something to write that somehow I've ended up either writing or writing for five different weblogs, not including the mega community blogs like Metafilter. They all cover different topics, but some have been getting more attention than others lately. Is it best to have one and drive all of your energy there (which was my previous approach) or to diversify pass your 'wisdom' to multiple audiences? Jasmine doesn't link to any of her other sites so I can't see if they all tell the same story but you can see why she'd want to downsize. But it's interesting that she's sticking with BlogSpot as her main blog of choice and dropping MSN which is an approach I've seen elsewhere. Sticking with the old and tested even though it's a bit stodgy? That'll be me as well then.

No comments: