Not just in The League of Gentlemen

People Fabulously thorough interview with Mark Gatiss. Nowhere else have I seen important questions asked about the dvd release of P.R.O.B.E. (mid-Nineties Doctor Who fan spin-off). But there in the middle is something completely unexpected -- a few hints at what's going on in the horrifyingly secretive British Woody Allen project. Apart from the odd photo I haven't heard anything about this (other than Kate Winslet dropping out). Then suddenly:
"It was one of the most bizarre days of my life, I have to say. Waiting in this country house, practicing ping-pong all morning, and then suddenly he arrived and there we were. Obviously I was like, "Oh my god, here we are ..." but then I became completely fearless, nerveless, because I was like, "This is never going to happen again. What are they going to do, fire me?" I became almost euphoric. I spent the entire day playing ping-pong with Scarlet Johansson and made up my entire part."
There are nuggets aplenty throughout the piece. I think Gatiss might be the most connected man in show business. [via OG]

No comments: