'Too many secrets...'

Meme Before I get to the mainstream of tonights symposium, I thought I'd take a detour for a moment into giving myself the short sharp quiz treatment. I found this at Robyn's, and you can see her sources in her answers.

Best household chore:
Shock horror I actually like doing the laundry. When I wasn't working a highlight of the week would be going to the laundrette. It was a dead few hours when there was little to do but listen to music and read a newspaper or book. Plus I had a crush on the woman who took in the service washes. That place closed, but now we have our own washing machine and there is something quite theraputic about the hourly trips to drip and reload.

Fantasy career:
Doing what I'm doing now for a living. If anyone thought that my writing was worth anything. My real fantasy is moving to Paris and working for a cinema magazine as a foreign correspondent. I don't even think that's a real job.

Favorite place to shop:
If it's a city, Manchester. If it's a shop, Vinyl Exchange. My whole musical taste developed from my ten year obsession with the place.

Superstitions:
Clipping my toe nails on a Sunday. Putting new shoes on a table. Just the wrong things to do.

Morning routine:
Wake up. Get up. Turn on computer. Turn on Radio Four's The Today Programme. Put kettle on. Go to toilet. Wash hands. Dial-up. Pour water on a tea bag in cup. Check email. Turn off computer. Finish making tea. Make breakfast (bagel or cornflakes). Try and blot out Thought for the Day. Eat breakfast. Wet hair. Clean teeth. Get dressed. Rush out because I'm running late. A shower might be mixed in there somewhere if I have the time.

Evening routine:
Leave work. Rush to bus. Home for 5:30. Dinner time usually lasts through to about 7pm. Watch a film. Go online. Go to bed.

Favorite memento:
My health? I have an alarm clock my parents gave me when I was 18. It's electronic but has a real bell. It's woken me up every morning since and hardly ever needs new batteries.

Favorite place in the house:
The balcony. I can read or watch tv and see the world passing by underneath.

Best thing about being you:
I'm a good listener. People always have to work really hard to find things to hate me for, unless it's not filling my potential.

What's your reputation:
Lack of ambition leading to chronic servitude.

Favorite movie:
I just finished watching Grosse Pointe Blank. That would be a good place to start any list.

Book to recommend:
'Join Me' by Danny Wallace

Your welcome mat:
Massive rug.

Little big toy:
32 inch widescreen tv, in my bedroom.

Last meal:
Chicken, bacon and pasta salad

Technology item you can't live without:
My portable cd player. And I hate to admit it, my pc.

Idea of the perfect party:
One where I don't feel like I'd have to prove something.

Topic you wouldn't bring up at a party:
(1) My job
(2) My 'religion'

Fictional character you most identify with:
Jim Carrey in 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'

Favorite decorating technique:
Whie paint

Thing in your house you're fussiest about:
Organised clutter.

Procrastination technique:
dvd

Guilty pleasure:
Primula Cheese

What's by your bedside:
My afformentioned alarm clock

Pets:
I have a cactus on my wondow sill. Does that count.

Recent purchase:
Astrud Gilbertp's album 'Talkin Verve'

Always in the fridge:
Water

Nagging injury:
Crunch my knee years ago. Still squeezes now and then.

Collections:
Doctor Who stories. I don't do merchandise. Although what that's a bit of a grey area.

Fitness routine:
Walking the length and breadth of Liverpool in my lunch break.

Recurring nightmare:
I'm dashing around a city I don't know and all the cinemas are closed.

Idea of a perfect day:
Something new, unexpected and lovely happens.

No comments: