Links for 2004-11-30 [del.icio.us]

Links for 2004-11-30 [del.icio.us]

  • Family to finish John Peel book
    Really good news. "His wife Sheila and their four children will add "biographical material and personal reminiscences" to the book, to be published in October 2005."
  • Film of the Day: In the Soup (1992)
    It's the film Steve Buscemi made just before 'Resevoir Dogs'. A screenwriter gets mixed up with a minor mob figure. Also features early Stanley Tucci as a mad Frenchman.
  • Not that photograph ... oh, go on then
    Ooh look, it's Tony Blair as a student with long hair and everything.
  • In case this hadn't occured to anyone ...
    The next Eurovision Song Contest is supposed to be happening in the Ukraine in about six months time. It's a reason.
  • Ten Reasons Why Kylie's 'I Believe In You' is better than the collected efforts of ...
    Pop Justice's take on the Band Aid 20 affair.
  • Unreal World: Why women on “reality TV" have to be hot, desperate and dumb
    “I don’t understand," she whispered to him, her insecurities amplified in subtitles. “I’m successful. I have a good personality. Or, do you want me to wear sexier clothes and lose 30 pounds, too?"
  • New York Changing
    Manhattan then and now.
  • The Flat Iron Building @ New York Changing
    Or not actually. Bit ot a scrub, but basically some things don't change. Incidentally this is almost the same angle of the photo I've got on my wall.
  • Researchers Invent Clear, Flexible Transistors
  • An Email From the Laundry Machine
    That's right its a laundrette which emails you when your washing is done so you can go and get it.
  • FREE FIONA!
    I wondered why she hadn't had a release for while. Fiona Apple's last album was completed then shelved by the record label due to a change at the top and stupidity ...
  • Usual Suspects 2: The search for Keysor Soze
    Hot on the heals of Toy Story 3 is this abomination. No Bryan Singer, no dice. Besides I was never convinced that Soze was even a real character in the first film.
  • QT Diary
    Or something like it. After the original was deleted, someone else has nabbed it for span. I wish I'd thought of that.
  • Allo 'Allo! DVD cover
    I know what this is advertising, but isn't this cover just really nice?
  • Nothing Travels Faster Than Bad News
    A new film by ...
  • Where next?
    I know ...
  • No comments: