'Tis the very witching time of night...'

That Day Happy Halloween. There was a lantern parade through Sefton Park tonight as three hundred children strolled along the pathways, the way lit by Jack O'Lanterns, Unicorns and other mythic beasts. It ended at the lake with a fire display, and I could see it all the from the window of the flat vua the binoculars. I imagined to be another fragment from Jim Carrey's mind in Eternal Sunshine.... along with the elephants and beach covered in snow.

So yes, I'm that age and thanks for all your greetings. As well as some money towards a new hard disk, I now have a Konica Minolta Zoom 80c 35mm camera which looks particular impressive when its 35-80mm lense is fully extended. Its a mid-range compact conventional. I'll post some pictures when I've taken some had them developed and scanned them in. We didn't go out to a restaurant this evening. Halloween is notoriously a nightmare anywhere so instead we stayed in for a carvery -- Dad cooked joints of beef, ham and lamb in the way only he seems to be able to. Pretty perfect day all around really and just what I needed.

No comments: