Links for 2004-09-13 [del.icio.us]

Links for 2004-09-12 [del.icio.us]

  • Grace in the city
    Anyone else miss Caroline? Just a lovely banner...
  • An American Werewolf in Paris (1997)
    This is my first movie recommendation. It has a fantastic opening few moments which show an unbelievable view of the Eiffel Tower and to some extent demonstrates to some extent what Julie Delpy was up to between Sunrise and Sunset.
  • If someone with gold teeth is cremated, what happens to the gold?
    Would you believe a rocket ship is featured in the answer?
  • Why aren't all Weekend newspaper magazines online?
    As good an explaination as any I've read as to why some newspapers and magazines don't republish everything online.
  • Report on Battleship Potemkin live in Trafalgar Square, with soundtrack by The Pet Shop Boys
    Although BBC Four are missing a trick -- they're screening the film on the 18th September but haven't licensed this new soundtrack which might have created more interest. I'll still be watching though.
  • Star Wars Episode III to be PG-13?
    Which would somewhat suggest that it will be the darkest of the six. I wonder how the BBFC in the UK will handle a mess like that. I'm guessing a 12 with maybe an A.
  • 100 Photographs that Changed the World
    Some of them. From LIFE magazine.
  • Boston Harbour Tea Chest
    Commemorates the 1774 Boston Tea Party, a familiar wonder to the millions who've played Sid Meier's game Civilisation.
  • I've got Six Gmail invites up for grabs
    For readers of the new del.icio.us feed. Full name and email address via feelinglistless(at)btopenworld(dot)com
  • Suw reviews the 'Shaun of the Dead' dvd extras so I don't have to ...
    ... and gets everything completely correct. I've not long finished listening to the Nighy / Wilton commentary which is very special. 'Yeah, baby, yeah!'
  • Cardiff @ Wikipedia
    Two castles and a Liberal Democrat council. I should feel right at home.
  • Sofia Mini
    Sophia Coppola endorsed wine in a red tin can.
  • Google Alerts
    I'll have a look at this when I get back
  • No comments: