Plus... I've finally started emptying my email inbox after a week or so of neglect and I thought I'd bring you the following...

Super Size Me -- Lengthy interview with Morgan Spurlock on the new film about Macdonalds : "By the middle of the diet, I would get massive headaches that could only be alleviated by eating. I was more depressed than I?d ever been in my life and my sexual prowess in the bedroom waned (I couldn?t salute the general.) By the end of the diet, I had gained 24.5 pounds (weighing over 200 pounds for the first time in my life), my cholesterol jumped up 25 points, my liver had filled with fat and I felt exhausted most of the time."

Life on the Fringe: a look at some of the underdogs of Canadian politics: "We do it because we feel that by developing discussion and showing people the importance of fighting for their rights, we are going to move from being in opposition to being in power," said Lang. "We feel that the [political] situation [in Canada] is not static. The system is in crisis. The big parties are unable to deal with the problems faced by society. We are putting forward real solutions. What is the ruling class? What is the subordinate class?" (sound familiar?)

Imogen Stubbs -- the Kylie Minogue of theatre? "It's something Stubbs herself first experienced earlier this year when he asked her to write a play about the singer-songwriter Jeff Buckley, a new passion of his. The resulting Beckettian two-hander, in which Buckley and Eva Cassidy, another dead popular singer, are marooned on a desert island, was workshopped at the Almeida."

US Government Documents Pulled Out of Public Circulation: "Each year, the federal government sends thousands of documents to Federal depository libraries, most of which are public and university libraries that have signed up to become depositories. Every once in a while, a few times a year at most, an agency realizes that it inadvertently sent out documents that weren't meant for the public. It then issues a recall of these documents, asking libraries to return or destroy their copies."

No comments: