Life I bought my parents a new video recorder for the living room. The old machine was old and hammered and refusing to play tapes in any kind of reasonable way. Although I appreciate there are splitters available, why is it so damn difficult to wire up a video and a DVD player through the same tv? And then why is it comparatively difficult to explain the use of the new set up to my parents. Either I'm not very good at describing things, it'll take time for the new setup to sink in with them, or the third option that people who produce modern electronics are hell bent on making them difficult for anyone over a certain age. I mean I've messed about with the scart leads all I can, but as far as I can gather, the only way to use the DVD player is to have the VCR on at the same time. That can't be right surely?

No comments: