Music one of the disappointing aspects of Alex Park's material since leaving the Fame Academy is that outside the indomnitable brilliance of the single Maybe That's What It Takes, the clanging number of cover versions. We were all led to believe that she was going to offer something new counter to Will/Gareth rationalle. Christina Aguilera's Beautiful is a perfect item. Park's cover version (backed by what sounded like the other 'students') isn't. But reading this interview, you get the idea that she knows that:
"'They want to film me in the flat and driving the car, with me saying: 'Oh, I am so thankful for everything you have given me, where you have put me, ra ra ra.' But they need to understand that I am not inside the four walls of the Academy now. All I wanted from Fame Academy was a launch into the music industry. I couldn't give a toss about the flat and the car. Or the champagne, which is still in the fridge. I hate the stuff. It was the BBC's decision to give me these things and I am lucky to have them. But now I am out in the real world and I am struggling with it all. My flat is my sanctuary, the only bit of privacy I have got. They say that everyone wants to see me inside it, but I don't care.''"
Which sounds pretty subversive to me, especially since it's only been a few weeks since she won the thing. She should be careful who's hand your biting though.

No comments: