Big Brother So the years series drifts slowly to a hault. I think one banner in the crowd sums up the public's feeling about BB4 'Brian to Win!'. We longed for the old school, for a Nasty Nick moment, for Brian's humour, for Sandy over the roof. But they couldn't even pay off the Jon can't win moment properly (they saw him on the plasma screen but it didn't look as though they could hear what Big Brother was saying to him). Watching Jon leave (again) underlined how he'd been cheated the first time around. He only left because of a double eviction. The public wanted Fed to leave that night. Jon going was the producer's way of saying 'it's our show, we can do what we like, even if it ruins the spirit of the rules and therefore the game'.

Steph coming forth was a forgone conclusion (as the crowd attested), but Scott going now is an utter shock. He was always borderline in my fodder theory but I genuinely thought it would be a head to head between him and Cameron. But instead Ray is there. Ray should have gone out in the early weeks; I hesitate to say week one even; granted he's been the instigator of some of the really big fights in the house, but he's only really been entertaining but only in the same way as watching a moth keep burning it's wings on a light bulb. He never learns.

So I find myself actually saying vote for Cameron. If in fact he has been playing the 'massive game' Jon says he has, and kept it up for nine weeks he deserves something for sheer guile. I would really love him to sit before Davina and be an utterly different person, angry, evasive, brusk, saying that he hated them all and he was just toying with Steph's emotions for fun. But I'm sure he won't do that. He'll be nice Cameron, the cheeky Cameron, the South African Cameron (Cameroon?) who at times has reminded me a lot of myself. There's something a bit shocking, I'm like the Orkney lad not Jon Tickle at all.

No comments: