Blog! I've been visiting Plain Layne a bit lately, initially because she looks a bit like Tori Amos but mostly because it isn't often you stumble across something so honest and elloquent:
"I inhabit a world that has shifted into unbearable poignancy. A familiar-looking face in a bright bustling crowd will remind me of her, or any Spanish I overhear. My heart is broadcasting cliched songs of love and longing to the radio. Everyday objects have become remarkable things, suffused with memories of her, like the striped chopsticks of mine that she loved. In the Bug I remember Christmas with my family at the resort, and how we saved up our affections for a deserted dirt road and the backseat. My bedroom is drowsy and plush with her ghost. Life seems far better -- and far worse -- whenever I glimpse a couple in their happy private bubble, hands clasped, leaning into each other, eyes shining with contentment. That should be us. That was us."
Today, Layne introduced me to the work of the Kabalarian's who seem to spending their lives giving their own definitions of baby names. I smell both a fish and a rat, but here anyway am I ...
"Your name of Stuart has created the desire to focus on the details of your immediate interests to the extent that others consider you to be fussy. You are attracted to, and could excel in, the mechanical or technical fields, such as computers. Instead of establishing the system and order you would like, you are over-particular in some things that matter to you personally but lax and indulgent in other ways. You place great importance on whatever you happen to be interested in, and can be quite thorough and detailed in what you are doing, but find it difficult to be consistent. You scatter your efforts when things becomes too monotonous. You have intense urges and feelings for which you can find no expression. At times you are motivated more by moods and desires than by sound logic and reason, and under conditions of stress you could react inadvertently in temper or stubbornness that you would regret later. The indulgences prompted by this name can lead to high blood pressure and its relative ailments, as well as nervous tension affecting the whole nervous system. "
Oh who want's to believe these things anyway?

No comments: