Books The real Harmony Cousins? Compare this April Fool's Joke with this Guardian Weekend profile of legendary author, Donna Tartt:
"In the course of our long lunch, in which she will pick at a tiny portion of calamari and say it's "spoilt her appetite", there will be some interesting revelations, some typically witty and self-reflective remarks, and - I think this is a first for Tartt in an interview - tears. She will reveal the "most horrible moment" of her life and what's on her answerphone these days and what she now thinks of The Secret History. But how much of what she tells me can I take seriously? And how much of it is simply part of the Donna Tartt myth?"
Actually, I hate it when 'The Guardian' print's articles like this -- now I just want to go out and buy the books, even though I really haven't got the time to read them, and I don't really love fiction anyway. I'd much rather read a longer piece about what Tartt herself has been up to for the past ten years. But then that would mean another decade before the autobiography came out.

No comments: