Logo I've always seen this painting by Edward Hopper as being a demonstration of the three types of people there are in life. There is they couple, who as far I can tell aren't married, are still at the strat of their relationship, drink in a coffee shop, possibly deciding who's apartment they'll be going to that night. Then there is the singlr guy; I can't decide whether he's finished his relationship and is trying to capture that moment that his friend at the bar is experiencing, or if he's ever been there at all. There is man in the white overalls, who judging by his age has spent most of his life standing in that spot serving coffee to both types of people. Which one is most content? I'm sure whichever one you pick gets to the centre of who you are as a person. I'll let you guess who I think it is...

No comments: