Back Since one of my weblogging rules is that I don't talk about work, here are some things I've learnt during my trip:

- The seafront at Southend is one of the greatest places to visit on the planet, and although I wish I could report that 'the sea stays steady as a rock and buildings wash up and down'. I can't. They don't. I will say that strange things can happen -- for example, some guy thought it perfectly natural to be taking a picture of me with the (supposedly bland) seafront behind. Simply took the photo and walked off. I'm trying to work out which was less normal person in that transaction.
- I'm not what normal people consider to be normal. Someone bristled when I told them I quite liked hanging about in train stations.
- Cinemas in the south are getting bloody expensive. £5.50 a showing !?! (reviews of 'The One' and 'K-Pax' to follow).
- Not everyone likes 'Star Wars'. It's true. I know - I couldn't believe it either.
- London Underground is only as difficult as you make it. People will apologise if they bump into you. They won't always steal your camera.
- I always thought I'd wasted my life. I've actually done more things that most people.
- When I go to my first dance club, it will probably be Cream. Creamfields is looking like an attractive proposition.
- Passengers get up to all kinds of things on trains. Someone sitting near me was shining his shoes to such a degree he could see his face on them. Someone followed the old British Rail commercial and took off their shoes; they took off their socks as well.
- Not everyone has heard of 'Talking Pages'. 0800 600 900. Now you have at least.
- Some people think that it's perfectly possible to find accomodation in Liverpool, the night of an England match at Anfield on a just turn up basis.
- Not all taxi drivers have receipts. That's £4.60 I won't be seeing again.
There really is no place like home [related].

No comments: