Away Won't be updating for a few days, as I'm going on a business trip. Actually a business training course. Actually ... oh well that would mean giving away where I work and that would break one of my weblog writing rules -- never to mention were I work. Sorry. Weblogs by professionals are always talking about such trips and in the America people always seem to be going to meetings in Seattle or Chicago. I'm going to Southend-on-Sea. Not quite as glamorous really. Although it will afford me the chance to recreate this scene from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (by Douglas Adams):

The Universe jumped, froze, quivered and splayed out in several unexpected directions.
Arthur and Ford opened their eyes and looked about in considerable surprise.
"Good god," said Arthur, "it looks just like the sea front at Southend."
"Hell, I'm relieved to hear you say that," said Ford.
"Why?"
"Because I thought I must be going mad."
"Perhaps you are. Perhaps you only thought I said it."
Ford thought about this.
"Well, did you say it or didn't you?" he asked.
"I think so,'' said Arthur.
"Well, perhaps we're both going mad."
"Yes," said Arthur, "we'd be mad, all things considered, to think this was Southend."
"Well, do you think this is Southend?"
"Oh yes."
"So do I."
"Therefore we must be mad."
"Nice day for it."
"Yes," said a passing maniac.


So while I'm away please enjoy yet another new feature, The Blog! Archive, where I revisit past 'blog of the days' and see how they've changed or not. A sort of 'Get Carter' for the blogging world ...

No comments: