Friday Five At the risk of make the page look like a question and answer session ...

1. What was the first thing you ever cooked?
Toast. Does that count? Otherwise a boiled egg. Aren't these the things everyone cooks first?

2. What's your signature dish?
Spag Bol. I eat pans full of the stuff. Might I recommend the use of Tyne Brand mince instead of real meat for that real studenty North Yorkshire taste.

3. Ever had a cooking disaster? (tasted like crap, didn't work, etc.) Describe.I once used to create experimental stir fries with an everything in flavour. There are some vegitables which aren't supposed to be fried over a long period, so between the tomatoes, mushrooms and onions, there'd be pulpy bits of celery and banana.

4. If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal? I was once in Shrewsbury and for lunch I had a 'New Yorker' burger at a pub/restaurant. It was the nicest burger I ever tasted -- it was so good I can remember every bite. The burger was succulent, the bacon just right, the cheese melt just soft enough without dribbling. If I had enough money I'd search and and find the chef and pay him to be on call 24 hours a day to just recreate that taste...

5. What are you doing this weekend?
Work Saturday, rest Sunday.


Take the Friday Five challenge yourself ...

No comments: