Spring Term 1986 - Christmas Holiday "Christmas" The Eve, was one, darn exciting day. Wrapped presented, watched the telly, read my chapter story, went to bed. Next morning I woke up and saw my christmas stocking and sack. I open what was there was and went down stairs. Then we opened our present. I got: a Transformer, A joystick, 10 computer games, Cluedo, TV Times Quiz game, Annuals, 2 Star Wars figures, Burtons gift token, spider-man story tape, Band-aid (one year on), 3, 15 minute computer tapes, and Dr, Octopus. Then we are: Steak, sprouts, spuds, Lemon, gravy, apple. and for afters: chocolate gateu, cream, Ice-cream.

[Who needs 'I Love the 1980s' when you've got a list of Christmas presents like that one. I'm an only child so this would seem to be my only defence for being so terribly spoilt, even at the age of eleven. On the actual journal page, the presents are listed on the page from top to bottom in various shades of felt-tip pen and there is an illustration of the joystick (actually it's a black blob with a big red blob on top which I think are the buttons). I was still using an Acorn Electron at the time, so I suspect those computer cassettes would have stored the ceaseless genius of the type in games from 'Electron User'. The Doc Ock was from an early attempt by Marvel comics to ship action figures under the banner 'Secret Wars' and as usual whilst other people no doubt got Spider-man I got the less popular villian (my first Star Wars figure was Bib Fortuna). I think this somehow sums up my life. I've still got the TV Time game around somewhere, although at the time it was terribly difficult to play unless you had an encyclopedic knowlege of ITV programmes. I wasn't watching channel 3 even then.]

No comments: