Travel The delights of Korea descibed by Riley Ray Chiorando for Travelmag. It seems that despite my near collision earlier I'm still safer here than in South Korea: "Let's start with the near fatal collisions that the kids here call "crossing the street." As I've previously stated, the chances of ending up a traffic fatality here are just a little bit lower than getting regular mail delivery. To my thinking, the effect on every Korean mother with small kids should be obvious. You get a tube of Krazy Glue the size of a pepperoni stick and physically attach your kids to your apron till age 14. If you can also instill a deep-seeded fear of crosswalks, it would probably help. And yet that's the reason I'm not a Korean mother...aside from the lack of Asian ethnicity, children and a uterus." Which sums up the whole tone of this neat little article with too big writing...

No comments: