Food The St. Petersberg Times offers a restaurant review and comment on international affairs all rolled into one: "I usually don't much believe in fate or providence, but how else does one explain the fact that I would randomly find myself taking shelter from the sleet in a Russian-Texan restaurant at practically very same time that President Vladimir Putin was tucking into some bar-b-que at U.S. President George W. Bush's Texas ranch? But this is indeed exactly what happened when I wandered into the strangely named By the Spas on Kanal Griboyedova, a new place that has taken over the spot formerly occupied by the Rodeo Bar." I suppose the natural British conclusion would 'The Naked Newsreader' with Jeremy Bowen ... perhaps not ... although it would be good to hear the voice of his producer interjecting during Breakfast News ... 'Jeremy will you stop flirting with Sophie...'

No comments: