Blog! Here is something you don't see every day -- a weblog with it's own radio station. Slightly North of Tomorrow is the work of Erin and Shawn a couple from Seattle. Erin (who strangely shares my birthday) seems to be the more talkative of the two. Yesterday she experienced the kind of bureaucrassy we're somewhat used to in the UK when trying to get a passport: "I called the Canadian Consulate here in Seattle and left a message for a woman to call me back so I could figure it out. She called me back today and was a bit of a bitch. I don't know if she's having a bad day or what but she was just really unpleasant. She was alright at first, asking me my address and stuff so she could send me a form and then she asked for my last name. I hesitated a minute before giving it to her as when Shawn and I got married I decided to change my name and wondered if I should use my maiden name or not. Eventually I gave her my "new" last name and she goes "Are you SURE that's your last name??" "

No comments: