Title graphic This week's titlegraphic is of course, Death as featured in Ingmar Bergman's 'The Seventh Seal'. The one and only time I saw this, one of my top ten favourite films, was in the common room of my university hall. The college library had an extra-ordinary collection of foreign film for loan for free and as I think I've written elsewhere, having no money, when everyone else was out clubbing I'd be in watching something old and international. European comedy films don't have the best reputation ('Stonk!' anyone?) so I'd always seem to pick something a bit introspective ('Decalog') and at the time 'Seal' really fit the bill. Heartened to hear that Bergman is still working ... and that a rock band has taken the film's name ... see you in a few days ... don't forget to write ...

No comments: